Adding milestones to the timeline
The timeline is a space for you to list out the meaningful events that occurred in your loved one's life. You can either set this space to be just for you and other admins to edit, or you can let anyone who visits the page add to the timeline. We recommend letting others add to the timeline, as they'll be able to upload photos and stories and share events you might not even know took place. You'll have the ability to remove and hide any events you don't want shared and you can edit your own entries at any time.
How to add a new event on your public website
- To add a new Milestone, first head to the Timeline icon or section.
- Next, click the Add Event button on the right hand side.
- Select your milestone and fill in relevant details and add a photo if you wish.
- Click save Milestone.
How to edit an event
If you made any mistakes or want to edit an event head to the timeline icon or section
- If you want to edit an event head to the timeline icon or section.
- Click on the edit button next to the event you want to edit.
- Click save after you've made your changes.
How to delete or hide a Milestone
Hiding a milestone will leave the content, but make it private so that only you can see it. This is a good option if you want to keep the content, but aren't sure if you want it to be publicly viewable yet. Deleting a milestone will remove it completely.
- To delete or hide a milestone, head to the timeline icon or section.
- To hide a milestone, click the Hide button underneath the milestone.
- The event will turn grey and will now be hidden from the timeline, but still viewable to you in case you want to make it viewable again in the future. If you decide you want to show the milestone again, just click the show button.
- To delete the milestone, click the delete button.
Editing your timeline from your dashboard
- Click the 'Edit memorial website' button if you're not already in your editing dashboard.
- Click on the Timeline tab on the left.
- You can now edit your timeline milestones the same way you would edit them in the public view.