How will I receive the funds that I’ve raised for a personal cause?
How to get paid
You will automatically receive the funds that have been donated in 2-4 business days, through your connected Stripe account. Your funds will be automatically deposited, there is no action you need to take to retrieve funds other than creating a Stripe account and adding the name of the funeral home for verification.
If you are in Canada, it will take up to 7 business days to deposit into your account.
- Confirm that you have set up Stripe
- Confirm you've added the name of the funeral home or cremation company (we need this to verify the passing). You can add it on the 'Passing' tab of your memorial site.
- Check to see if you got an email from us or Stripe about needing more info
- You can always access your Stripe account via User Settings > Payout Details > View Stripe Account
What are the payment options?
When you set up fundraising for a personal cause, you'll be prompted to also set up an account on Stripe. Stripe is a trusted and secure payment processor where you can link your bank account or debit card. Here's what to know:
- The best option is a checking account. You must use a checking account or debit card, Stripe does not accept savings accounts.
- If you're using a debit card, it must be a major debit card. Pre-paid cards do not work. Debit cards have a daily max of $3,000.
How long does it take to receive my donations?
Donated funds will be automatically transferred to your account after the processing period finishes for each donation. You do not need to withdraw the funds.
For U.S. bank accounts, the first transfer can take up to 2-4 business days after the first donation, but typically takes 2 business days. Stripe does not process payments over the weekend.
For Canadian bank accounts, each donation will start transferring to your account 7 business days after it is made.
What is a restricted Stripe account?
In some cases (generally if you've raised over $3,000), our payment processor, Stripe, will require additional information for you before money will be transferred and will email you to let you know. You can always upload required additional verification information by visiting your Stripe Express Dashboard. If you'd like more information, check out our step by step guide on Clearing Verification Requests.
If you think you should have received money in your account and haven't, visit your User Settings page. You'll be able to check in on the status there.