It's been over 7 business days and I still haven't received my donation funds. How do I access the funds?
If it's been over 7 business days and you've yet to receive the donation funds connected to your account, there are typically one of three things that are happening:
- You have a restricted Stripe account. You receive emails from Stripe and our team alerting you that you need to provide additional verification information. Go to your User Settings > View Your Stripe account and upload the requested verification information.
- Payouts to your account have failed. You receive emails from Stripe and our team alerting you that payouts have failed. You'll need to go to your User Settings > View Your Stripe account and update the payment information to a legitimate payment method in order for us to send donations.
- You haven't added the funeral home who handled the deceased's service. You are alerted by this on our website and by email. Simply head to Edit Mode > Passing and add the name of the funeral home that handled the deceased's services, we use this information to verify the passing. If you have a unique circumstance or have trouble adding a funeral home, contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our payment processor, Stripe, sometimes requests additional verification information before they can proceed with a payout. Head to your User Settings page ( https://everloved.com/user-settings/) and log into your Stripe account from there. If Stripe is waiting on additional information from you, there will be a notification letting you know that you need to upload information. Stripe will also send out an email notifying you of the information they need in order to proceed.
Uploading requested Verification Information to Stripe
You should be able to upload the requested verification information on your dashboard. To access your dashboard:
- Go to your User Settings
- Scroll down to Payment Details and click on View your Stripe account
- Click on the Account tab
- Click the Update button next to your name. You can also edit your information by clicking on the pencil icons to the right of the page.
If you have any questions about payment, or other questions that need to be answered by Stripe, you'll need to get into contact with Stripe directly through your Stripe Express dashboard. At the bottom of your dashboard there is a contact button, you must contact them by clicking this button. This is due to the sensitive nature of payment information inquiries -- if you don't contact Stripe directly through that button, they won't be able to verify that the person emailing them is the Stripe Express account holder. Here's where you'll want to click:
If it's been less than 7 business days and you'd just like more information on receiving funds from a personal cause, check out our article How will I receive the funds that I’ve raised for a personal cause?
If you've set up a charity and would like information on how long it takes to process, visit our article How long will it take a charity to receive the contributions raised?